368 Grayson Hwy    Mail:  P.O. Box 54  Lawrenceville, GA  30046                 Ph:  770-963-8767    Fax: 770-963-4133 E-Mail:  aapav@bellsouth.net  Like Us On Face Book 
ALL  AMERICAN POST" This past year, for the 9th time in the past 10 years, our efforts earned us this  designation, as one of the top 20 Posts in VFW National  Division 1. 
 "VFW GEORGIA  ALL STATE POST"  Additionally we achieved this VFW Department of Georgia distinction  for the 11th straight year,  by meeting or exceeding their Programs.  
“OUTSTANDING COMMUNITY SERVICE POST AWARD”  We have also been honored,  2 times in the past 7 years,  to have received this highly coveted VFW National Award for Service to our Community.
Our   Membership   has   grown   to   827      Comrades,   as   of   7/1/2015.   Close   to      55%   are   post- Vietnam   era   Veterans.   We   welcome   all   eligible   Veterans;   active,   reserve      or   prior,   to come    by    and    see    what    we    offer.        Currently    we    have    a    ‘New    Membership’     drive underway. Call or Email the Post and we will be glad to answer your questions.   
We Want You!
CLICK HERE FOR MEDAL ELIGIBILITY  NEW MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS The fundamental difference between the VFW and other veteran organizations, and one in which we take great pride, is our eligibility qualifications. There are three requisites for membership in the Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States:   citizenship;   honorable military service; and   service entitling the applicant to the award of a recognized campaign medal or as set forth in the Congressional Charter and/or VFW bylaws. Checking Eligibility: Checking eligibility is comparatively simple, assuming the first two requirements are met. The next step would be to check eligibility.  A potential applicant must have served overseas and earned a campaign or service medal recognized by the VFW as meeting the campaign medal requisite for VFW membership. (The only exceptions are a combat action ribbon, imminent danger pay or for service in Korea after June 30, 1949, until present.) Discharges issued during and immediately after the close of World War II have a section on the back listing the medals and decorations which have been earned. Persons discharged later received a DD-214, "Report of Separation" form, which has a space showing medals and decorations. Lost separation documents can be replaced by completing and submitting Standard Form 180, "Request Pertaining to Military Records." There is always a possibility of an omission on the separation documents. If an applicant claims entitlement to a medal which is not shown on the individual's separation papers, that person may request verification and correction of records by submitting a Standard Form 180. The Standard Form 180 is available from any office of the Veterans Administration or state Veterans Departments. The form must be completed and signed by the veteran in order to receive the information requested or authorize the release of the information to the Veterans of Foreign Wars. Eligibility Regulations: VFW eligibility listing is to be used as a guide in determining eligibility for membership, and is furnished as a matter of information concerning the periods during which campaign and/or service medals were authorized.